Apple’s MagSafe connector has saved literally millions of laptops from destructions caused by tripping over one’s power cord. But with the introduction of USB-C on new MacBooks, this safety feature is absent.
BreakSafe brings the safety and convenience back to newer MacBooks and other laptops with USB-C type connectors.
The PATENTED* quick-release magnetic connector plugs into your laptop’s USB-C port and safely disconnects from the rest of the cable when under stress or strain, like tripping over the power cord.
The streamlined magnetic connector is only 12.8 mm deep so you can leave it plugged into your laptop’s USB-C port when not in use.
Use BreakSafe’s included 6’ USB-C cable with the USB-C charger that came with your laptop.
BreakSafe is compatible with USB Power Delivery and is rated up to 60 watts (20 volts @ 3 amps). Please note that BreakSafe is for charging power only; data and video are not supported.
• Apple 12” MacBook (Early 2016 model)
• Apple 12” MacBook (With Retina display, Early 2015 model)
• MacBook Pro 13" (2016)
• Google Chromebook Pixel
• Google Pixel C
• Compatible with Apple’s MacBook (12”) and other devices that charge via USB-C
• Designed and tested to meet USB-C power standards
• BreakSafe is rated up to 60 watts (20 volts at 3 amps) power
• Data and video are not supported
• Length: 6 ft. (1.8 m)
• In the box: USB-C magnetic connector, USB-C cable
• Quick-release magnetic connector
• Safely disconnects from your computer when under stress or strain
• *US Patent No. US7658613B1